Utility Bill Assistance



Help with energy bills in South Carolina

If you need help with paying your utility bills, Carolina Community Actions (CCA) can provide you with assistance for paying energy bills. They have programs available for low and moderate income residents in Clover and York counties through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This federal government funded program can assist families making up to 150 percent of the federal poverty line in household income with utility bills. Aid can be provided up to twice a year.

Applicants need to bring a current utility bill, social security cards, and proof of total household income from the past 30 days. they need to bring this information for all household residents. In addition, the account holder needs to be present and they must have a valid state-issued ID that matches the address on the utility bill. They also need to meet the income thresholds.

CCA has a budget of $1 million for the LIHEAP assistance program in York County. Residents that qualify for this assistance program are eligible for up to a $500 cash grant, with a minimum direct assistance of $225 to be provided. Qualification for is based on family size and total household income. Residents of the county may apply for aid up to twice in 2009. It can be once between May 1, 2009 through Sept. 30, 2009 and apply once again between Oct. 1, 2009 and Dec. 30, 2009, for a total of $1,000 maximum in utility bill assistance.

If you are interested in more information or applying, locally the Clover Area Assistance Center located at 1130 Hwy. 55 East is processing applications from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on every Thursday.







Free Money at FusionCash!