Utility Bill Assistance



AEP donates money for utility bill assistance.

American Electric Power (AEP) offers the Neighbor to Neighbor Program. Thru this program AEP has donated over $1 million to help Ohio individuals and families who are struggling to pay their utility bills.

If you need help, the Sandusky County Department of Job and Family Services-The Job Store, which is located at 2511 Countryside Drive, will provide people with an application for intake services to low-income AEP customers who need help with their utility bill disconnect notice or termination of service.

Everyday more and more low-income families are continuing to struggle with finding employment as well as the rising costs of everyday living expenses. To address these conditions, AEP Ohio has announced this new partnership with Dollar Energy Fund, which is a nonprofit hardship fund that is focused on providing utility bill aid, and the funds provided will help low-income families in Ohio. In total, American Electric Power Ohio will provide over $1 million in utility bill assistance through the Neighbor to Neighbor Program to help their low-income customers pay their bills, as will as ensure service is not shut off.

Ohio government officials stated that AEP Ohio's very generous donation to the Neighbor to Neighbor Program will help thousands of low-income families keep on their electric service. The Dollar Energy Fund organization as well as AEP Ohio have begun to distribute utility bill assistance grants through the Neighbor to Neighbor Program effective in May.

In order to qualify for this aid, families and households must have an outstanding balance on their energy bill, and they also must have made a sincere effort of payment on their electric bill in the last 90 days. Proof will need to be provided. All household income for the past 30 days, verification of the payments you have made on your AEP account in the past 90 days, social security cards for all household members, your AEP electric bill, and verification that you have applied for government assistance from HEAP, E-HEAP, PIPP, etc. must be presented as well to receive help.



By: Jon McNamara



[Home] [Contact] [About Us] [Privacy Policy]